You will work in the Strategic Research Department, with the mission of proposing new sensing features and new sensing applications that are adopted by our customers. For these proposals, you need to properly substantiate them, obtaining evidence based on results which are reproducible and sustained by others, and you need to secure them with patent applications.
Therefore, you will have: to be up to date on the state-of-the-art; to work in theoretical demonstrations; to program simulators; to build electronics prototypes; to perform different types of measurements; to write high quality technical reports; to prepare presentations for different types of audiences to explain your findings; etc.
Continuous formation and training is a must, so you will have to attend conferences and events of interest for our industry, and also follow external/internal training. Of course, you will work in cooperation with your own team as well as other teams.
Some examples of your day-to-day work:
- Studying the impact of the different development parameters in the final output of the system.
- Mathematical modelling (Statistics and Numerical).
- Python programming for simulation and analysis.
- Technical discussions where you have to solve the questions presented to you.
- Hardware design and overview fabrication:
- Propose pixel and/or laser cavity designs
- Interacting with university fabs and commercial fabs for fabrication of our prototypes.
- Hardware measurements in the lab and in realistic scenes.
- Individual system components characterization to validate your models.
- System characterization to validate our simulators.
- Come up with ideas on how to measure specific parameters.
- Come up with and document novel inventions.
- You have a master’s degree in electronics or photonics/physics and are experienced in both fields. A relevant PhD is an asset.
- You have knowledge of simulation analysis of analog blocks including a deep understanding of basic (R/L/C/Tr) element fabrication process, simulation models and model accuracy.
- You ideally have 3-5 years of experience with the design of complex analog blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLL, bias generator, gain amplifiers, and comparators. Knowledge of image sensor functions is a plus.
- You have experience in:
- Sensor and/or imaging system design.
- Python and other scientific computing languages.
- Electronic and / or Photonic IC design
- Image processing (2D, 3D, …) and imaging systems.
- Mathematics/statistics proficiency.
- Experience in the following domains is an asset:
- Proven experience in photonic building blocks (image sensors, optical couplers, ring resonators, lasers, etc.).
- Experience in computer vision sciences.
- Working in a semiconductor environment.
- Image sensors and electro-optical characterization.
- You are eager to learn and to show your own initiative.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are open to work in an R&D international environment.
- International – With more than 30 nationalities under the same roof, you will evolve in a very open-minded and multi-cultural environment with English as lingua franca.
- Ideally situated – Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Brussels, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by many restaurants and shops.
- Dynamic environment – You will be part of a very dynamic and young team where your ideas are heard and where you will be able to make a difference.
- Training – On top of a yearly budget allowing to take a training in any subject, regular internal presentations and workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Ready to go ?
Have you read our job opportunity and think it would be a good fit? Well, let’s meet!
Press the apply button below and fill out the form. We’ll contact you very soon.
What if you applied?
Then this would happen (after reviewing resume)
A first call with the Hiring Manager
In-depth call or face to face interview with HR
Follow-up interview with members of the team
Yee Yan Cheung / Senior HR Officer
Boulevard de la Plaine 11 Pleinlaan
1050 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium