Do you want to be involved in research and development of state-of-the-art depth sensing systems targeted for next generation mobile devices?
Sony Depthsensing Solutions is looking for a System Engineer to work in our Brussels offices on a broad range of applied research projects. The open position is for a Systems team in Mobile department of Sony Depthsensing Solutions, responsible for designing, developing, evaluating and delivering highest quality depth sensing systems aimed at mobile consumer market (mobile, XR).
We offer you the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary experience with image and signal processing, computer vision, image sensors, photonics and device physics as well as system design, digital and analog electronics.
• Collect and analyze system requirements for novel mobile and XR applications
• System level involvement in design of depth sensing systems corresponding to these requirements, with broad overview of the whole
solution stack – from image sensor, optical stack and active illumination, all the way to the end-user software application
• Assemble prototypes to validate depth sensing solutions and measure their performance
• Characterization and modelling of depth sensing and viewing camera systems
• Research and development of state-of-the-art algorithms/solutions to improving quality, performance, size, power efficiency or cost of existing and future products
• Master’s degree or more (Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar);
• Knowledge of signal/image processing and/or computer vision;
• Experience with scientific data analysis, statistics and familiarity with modeling and characterization of physical systems;
• Good knowledge of Python and/or Matlab;
• Experience with Imaging or Sensing Systems is an advantage;
• Experience with analog and digital electronics is an advantage;
• Working knowledge of mobile/XR applications and industry is an advantage;
• Team spirit, good social skills and a broad interest in technology are required since you will be working in a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers.
- International – With more than 30 nationalities under the same roof, you will evolve in a very open-minded and multi-cultural environment with English as lingua franca.
- Ideally situated – Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Brussels, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by many restaurants and shops.
- Dynamic environment – You will be part of a very dynamic and young team where your ideas are heard and where you will be able to make a difference.
- Training – On top of a yearly budget allowing to take a training in any subject, regular internal presentations and workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Ready to go ?
Have you read our job opportunity and think it would be a good fit? Well, let’s meet!
Press the apply button below and fill out the form. We’ll contact you very soon.
What if you applied?
Then this would happen (after reviewing resume)
A first call with the Hiring Manager
In-depth call or face to face interview with HR
Follow-up interview with members of the team
Yee Yan Cheung / Senior HR Officer
Boulevard de la Plaine 11 Pleinlaan
1050 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium