Sony Depthsensing Solutions is looking for a System Engineer specialized in Automotive Sensing (ADAS, in-cabin cameras and lidars) for their Brussels location to support the growth of its automotive sensor portfolio.
You will use your analytical skills and understanding of automotive systems to study and develop cameras and lidars that will be used both internally and by our customers. You will collaborate closely with colleagues from different domains (IC design, optics, electronics, system, etc.) and across various sites. You will also be in regular contact with external parties such as partners & suppliers and be the ambassador of our technology to our customers.
This position involves regular face-to-face workshops with customers mostly in the EU region, participation to trade shows and public events as well as interactions with partners and suppliers. You are also open to possible mid-term missions (typically 6 months) with HQ in Japan.
- System level design and performance modeling of 2D / 3D cameras with a broad overview of the whole solution stack – from image sensor, optical stack and active illumination, all the way to the end-user software application
- Assemble prototypes, design and perform the experiments to validate 2D / 3D system solutions and characterize their performance
- System simulations to help explore various design parameters and predict the impact on system performances
- Master’s degree in engineering (electronics, optics, photonics, etc.) or physics
- 5+ years of experience in specifying, designing, evaluating and using cameras, lidars or radars
- Broad skillset and understanding of the many system aspects of camera / lidar (optics, electronics, mechanics, calibration, evaluation, etc.)
- Experience in signal and data processing using various computer languages (mostly in Python and Matlab)
- Relevant experience in the automotive domain and / or having worked for a T1 / OEM or a semiconductor vendor active in automotive is a big plus
- Communication and presentation skills allowing you to understand and clarify customer issues
- An excellent command of English is required for this position as you will work in an international and multicultural context.
- International – With more than 30 nationalities under the same roof, you will evolve in a very open-minded and multi-cultural environment with English as lingua franca.
- Ideally situated – Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Brussels, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by many restaurants and shops.
- Dynamic environment – You will be part of a very dynamic and young team where your ideas are heard and where you will be able to make a difference.
- Training – On top of a yearly budget allowing to take a training in any subject, regular internal presentations and workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Ready to go ?
Have you read our job opportunity and think it would be a good fit? Well, let’s meet!
Press the apply button below and fill out the form. We’ll contact you very soon.
What if you applied?
Then this would happen (after reviewing resume)
A first call with the Hiring Manager
In-depth call or face to face interview with HR
Follow-up interview with members of the team
Yee Yan Cheung / Senior HR Officer
Boulevard de la Plaine 11 Pleinlaan
1050 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium