Sony Depthsensing Solutions is looking for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) specialized in automotive lidars for their Brussels location to support the business growth for the future ADAS systems.
You will use your deep knowledge in SPAD sensors to support our automotive customers to integrate Sony SPAD sensors into their lidars. You will collaborate closely with colleagues from different domains (IC design, optics, electronics, system, etc.) and across various sites.
Being part of a very dynamic and multidisciplinary team, you will collaborate to analyse data from lidar systems, get familiar with our cutting-edge SPAD sensors and be the ambassador of our technology to our customers.
This position involves regular face-to-face workshops with customers mostly in the EU region as well as participation to trade shows and public events.
- You will interact with automotive customers on a daily basis (meetings, workshops, on-site visits) to support the integration of our SPAD sensors into their lidars
- You will put together technical material to present our technology both internally and to customers
- You will travel to our EU/US customers to support them in the evaluation of our sensors
- You will actively collaborate with colleagues working in different domains (IC characterization, electronics, optics, signal processing) and keep in touch with other FAE’s in Japan and in the US
- You will keep yourself up to date with AD/ADAS and new trends in lidars to help drive the requirements for new Sony sensors
- You have a Master’s degree in engineering (electronics, optics, photonics, etc.) or physics
- You have 5+ years experience in the industry
- You have a deep expertise in characterization and design of APD, SiPM, SPAD sensors preferably in the context of automotive lidars (having worked for a top player in the silicon industry is a real plus)
- You are highly competent in using electronics system and measurement equipment (scopes, signals generators, multimeters, etc.). Experience in opto-electronics and infrared illumination is a plus
- You are comfortable with basic signal / data processing using various computer languages (mostly in Python and Matlab)
- You are eager to learn and get exposure to system related aspects of lidars (ranging technologies, illumination, optics, electronics, calibration, etc.)
- You are organized, committed and have a can-do attitude
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills allowing you to understand and clarify customer issues
- You are hands-on and possess excellent problem-solving skills combined with an impeccable scientific method
- An excellent command of English is required for this position as you will work in an international and multicultural context. German and French are a plus.
- International – With more than 30 nationalities under the same roof, you will evolve in a very open-minded and multi-cultural environment with English as lingua franca.
- Ideally situated – Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Brussels, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by many restaurants and shops.
- Dynamic environment – You will be part of a very dynamic and young team where your ideas are heard and where you will be able to make a difference.
- Training – On top of a yearly budget allowing to take a training in any subject, regular internal presentations and workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Ready to go ?
Have you read our job opportunity and think it would be a good fit? Well, let’s meet!
Press the apply button below and fill out the form. We’ll contact you very soon.
What if you applied?
Then this would happen (after reviewing resume)
A first call with the Hiring Manager
In-depth call or face to face interview with HR
Follow-up interview with members of the team
Yee Yan Cheung / Senior HR Officer
Boulevard de la Plaine 11 Pleinlaan
1050 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium