Sony Depthsensing Solutions is looking for an IC Digital System-on-Chip (SoC) Design and Verification Engineer to work on automotive sensor designs and architectures in their Brussels location.
This position is part of an advanced technology team which is enabling the next generation of image sensors.
Smartphones that automatically unlock when they recognize their owner. Gaming systems with real, realistic virtual reality components. Crash-proof drones that avoid obstacles such as wires or trees and land on a surface they selected as safe. Robots that understand their environment and interpret their operator’s body language or gestures.
This is not science fiction. These are just a few of the many different applications that our customers are building with our sensor products. And this job opening is your opportunity to help them make it happen!
You will be involved in our projects focusing on designing new electronic products, in particular state-of-the-art pioneering real-time CMOS 3D depth sensor systems. Your focus will be on the design and verification of advanced digital circuits for digital, mixed-signal and System-on-Chip ASICs. This in an environment where all specialists of the entire chain of the system (analog and digital IC design and verification, IC validation, camera system design and verification, driver development, middle ware development) are a few footsteps away. This local full system coverage is clearly one of the main assets of Sony Depthsensing Solutions, and something that we want to build further upon.
We offer you the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary experience with advanced mixed-signal, digital and system design. We provide in-house training and give you opportunities to follow courses relevant for the job description. You will report to the IC Digital Design team leader.
This involves front-end design, verification and testing of new and existing functions for image sensing and image processing ASICs. Some of the functional blocks might first be developed as functional IP blocks on FPGA based platforms to enable system verification prior to ASIC implementation.
- Defining digital architecture.
- Being able to drive a robust and efficient design methodology.
- Digital Design, verification & testing of digital IP related to Image Sensors and Image processing.
- System analysis in order to improve the overall system performance.
- Verification of sensor functionality and performance on actual silicon/development board.
- Follow-up and involvement of probe and final test development.
- Speeding up the time-to-market for sensor products with teams in Europe, USA & Asia.
We are looking for a strongly motivated and experienced professional, meeting the following requirements:
- You have experience in translating functional requirements in logic design specifications and architecture.
- You have previously proven experience in digital design and verification, mixed-signal experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge of VHDL/Verilog is required.
- Good knowledge of C and C++ is required.
- Good knowledge of Embedded SW is required.
- Good knowledge of CPU cores and System-on-Chip architecture is required.
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog is a strong added value. SystemC is an added value.
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages is an added value.
- Design experience in automotive context is a plus (IATF16949, ISO26262, A-SPICE).
- Experience with technical lead of digital design systems/sub-systems for ASIC design is a strong asset.
- You are familiar with digital verification flow. Knowledge of UVM methodology is an asset.
- Experience with formal verification is an asset.
- Experience with DSP-based architectures is an asset.
- You are able to look beyond the current block to design and take the full system performance into account.
- Team spirit and social skills are important since you will be working in design teams to successfully complete challenging IC and sensor system design projects.
- An analytical mind and strong commitment to quality is necessary. You are able to work autonomously and take initiative.
- A master’s Degree is required.
- You have a strong working knowledge of English; knowledge of Japanese is an added value.
- International – With more than 30 nationalities under the same roof, you will evolve in a very open-minded and multi-cultural environment with English as lingua franca.
- Ideally situated – Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Brussels, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by many restaurants and shops.
- Dynamic environment – You will be part of a very dynamic and young team where your ideas are heard and where you will be able to make a difference.
- Training – On top of a yearly budget allowing to take a training in any subject, regular internal presentations and workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Ready to go ?
Have you read our job opportunity and think it would be a good fit? Well, let’s meet!
Press the apply button below and fill out the form. We’ll contact you very soon.
What if you applied?
Then this would happen (after reviewing resume)
A first call with the Hiring Manager
In-depth call or face to face interview with HR
Follow-up interview with members of the team
Yee Yan Cheung / Senior HR Officer
Boulevard de la Plaine 11 Pleinlaan
1050 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium