Are you a hands-on person with a passion for developing cutting-edge technology?
Sony Depthsensing Solutions is looking for a System Engineer to strengthen the Automotive Camera team. In this role, you will be responsible for proposing solutions to system requirements, and ways to implement and validate such solutions. You will be involved in defining and characterizing new software and hardware combinations for automotive sensing and vision, supporting the roadmap to increase passenger monitoring and safety.
- Collect and analyze system requirements for new automotive applications;
- Propose solutions to these requirements, combining state of the art Sony sensors with other hardware and software;
- Model and simulate the system’s characteristics;
- Define metrics to assess and validate the performance of the system;
- Deploy these solutions through e.g. presentations, proof of concepts, demos, system specifications, technical reports;
- System level involvement in design of automotive sensing systems with broad overview of the whole solution stack: from image sensor, optical stack, and active illumination to end-user software application.
- Master’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Electromechanical, Optical, Physics or Mathematics;
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of signal/image processing;
- Experience with data analysis, statistics and familiarity with modeling and characterization of physical systems;
- Good knowledge of Matlab and/or Python;
- Solid troubleshooting competences for root cause analysis and bug detection;
- Experience with IR or RGB camera system design & validation.
- Experience in several of the following domains is an asset:
- Experience in system development in the automotive industry;
- Experience prototyping systems;
- Experience in IR, RGB and/or ToF image quality requirements and assessment is a distinct advantage;
- Deep understanding of camera hardware and software;
- Awareness of automotive quality standards (e.g. ISO26262);
- Experience with Functional Safety standards is a distinct advantage.
- Hands-on approach: you are not afraid to manipulate and operate hardware;
- You have a proactive and goal-oriented mindset that leads projects to completion;
- You can extract conclusions from big amounts of data, and convey key messages in a synthesized way;
- You can take ownership and be autonomous;
- You have good communication and synthesis skills;
- You are fluent in English.
- International – With more than 30 nationalities under the same roof, you will evolve in a very open-minded and multi-cultural environment with English as lingua franca.
- Ideally situated – Located in the heart of the beautiful city of Brussels, our offices are easily accessible by public transport and surrounded by many restaurants and shops.
- Dynamic environment – You will be part of a very dynamic and young team where your ideas are heard and where you will be able to make a difference.
- Training – On top of a yearly budget allowing to take a training in any subject, regular internal presentations and workshops will keep you up-to-date with the latest technologies.
Ready to go ?
Have you read our job opportunity and think it would be a good fit? Well, let’s meet!
Press the apply button below and fill out the form. We’ll contact you very soon.
What if you applied?
Then this would happen (after reviewing resume)
A first call with the Hiring Manager
In-depth call or face to face interview with HR
Follow-up interview with members of the team
Yee Yan Cheung / Senior HR Officer
Boulevard de la Plaine 11 Pleinlaan
1050 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium