SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Sony Depthsensing Solutions is a high-tech Sony division located in Brussels, delivering state-of-the-art solutions in the field of Depth Sensing and Natural Interfaces technologies including Time-of-Flight CMOS sensors, depth sensing camera and 3D motion tracking, and 3D image processing software.
Sony Depthsensing Solutions proposes a flexible work environment, where expertise, motivation and efforts are strategic keywords. We provide a variety of career opportunities for technical and business-minded professionals and a stimulating environment where people can explore and sharpen their skills. Natural Interfaces & Depth Sensing technologies are a new field that is changing the way people and devices interact with mobiles devices, cars, computers, robots, gaming, TV or industrial image processing systems.
You will be responsible for the architecture and development of software tools mostly written in PYTHON. These tools enable a large cross-functional hardware R&D department to control, stream and evaluate Time-of-Flight (ToF) cameras.
You will work side by side with R&D engineers to understand their needs and translate them into maintainable tools using your software engineering expertise. You will also align regularly with software engineers in Japan to ensure our tools converge.
Our Time-of-Flight (ToF) sensor and solutions are targeted at large consumer electronics, smartphone and automotive manufacturers.
- A computer science or engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years proven experience in leading software projects
- In-depth experience in Python
- Pragmatic approach to software engineering
- Experience in a R&D setting
- Working language: English
- Previous similar professional experience in a Software Agile development environment is an asset
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations / technologies - dynamic environment
- Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility
- Interested in the Japanese culture