R&D CUSTOMER APPLICATION ENGINEER
Do you want to be part of the sensor revolution? Smartphones that automatically unlock when they recognize their owner. Gaming systems with realistic virtual reality components. Crash-proof drones that avoid obstacles such as wires or trees and land on a surface they selected as safe. Robots that understand their environment and interpret their operator’s body language or gestures. This is not science fiction. These are just a few of the many different applications that our Customers are building right now with our sensor products. And this job opening is your opportunity to help them making it happen!
- As a key member of the application engineering team, you’re the technical representative of our company when visiting Customers and conversely the voice of the Customer when you’re in the office. You analyze and solve technical support requests from customers, beta testers and key accounts. You will also be expected to validate and file enhancement requests for hardware, software and documentation
- You will contribute to the new generation of product documentation and collateral, FAQ’s and application notes. Upon request, you will prepare training material, to be used for training courses at Sony Depthsensing Solutions or at customer premises, making sure the necessary hardware and software are set up for demonstrations and trainings
- You will support our marketing and sales crew at relevant trade shows with your technical expertise as well as proof of concepts and demos you will have prepared.
- To keep yourself well trained and up-to-date ,when time permitting, you will contribute to the development of the camera systems you will be supporting as an integral part of the R&D project team
You have a master or civil engineering degree in computer science/mathematics/electronics/physics
- You have a strong knowledge of C, C++ development on embedded platforms with all the usual tooling that comes with it
- You have an excellent level of English (spoken and written). Affinity with Asian cultures is a pre-requisite. Notions of one of the most common languages of our Customers (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) is a plus.
- As you’re the window for R&D towards the external customers (Field Application Engineers and End Customers), alongside a strong technical expertise, you will be required to have great client-facing and communication skills.
- You’re able to translate ‘internal R&D oriented information and documents’ into ‘external Customer oriented information and documents’ (understandable to Customerswhilstmaintaining the necessary information and filtering out the unnecessary in-depth design data). Vice-versa, you’re able to understand Customers’ questions and translate them for use by the R&D design and validation teams.
Experience in working within an L2/L3 support team is a plus and you should be willing to travel (mostly Asia, USA and Europe) 25% of your time.
Any (combination) of these skills or experience will give you a head start in your new assignment:
- Experience in GPU programming or DSP programming and optimization, Python programming
- Awareness of PCB design, in thermal and mechanical design, optics and laser diodes.
- Awareness of camera optics and sensors (ideally 3D)
- Understanding of video/audio USB/MIPI devices on Android, Windows and Linux, and connecting on embedded platforms
- First hand experience with failure analysis on hardware/software