R&D CUSTOMER APPLICATION ENGINEER
Smartphones that automatically unlock when they recognize their owner. Gaming systems with real, realistic virtual reality components. Crash-proof drones that avoid obstacles such as wires or trees and land on a surface they selected as safe. Robots that understand their environment and interpret their operator’s body language or gestures. This is not science fiction. These are just a few of the many different applications that our Customers are building with our sensor products. And this job opening is your opportunity to help them making it happen !
- As key member of the application engineering team, you’re the technical representative of our company when visiting Customers and the voice of the Customer when you’re in the office. You analyze and solve technical support requests from customers, beta testers and key accounts, validate and file enhancement requests for hardware, software and documentation
- You contribute to the generation of product documentation and collateral, FAQ’s and application notes. Upon request, you prepare training material, to be used for trainings at Sony Depthsensing Solutions or at customer premises, making sure the necessary hardware and software are set up for demonstrations and trainings
- You support our marketing and sales crew at relevant trade shows with your technical expertise as well as proof of concepts and demos you prepared.
- You have an excellent level of English (spoken and written). Affinity with Asian cultures is a pre-requisite. Notions of one of the most common languages of our Customers (Japanese, Korean, Chinese) is a plus.
- As you’re the window for R&D towards the external customers (Field Application Engineers and End Customers), you have, next to a strong technical expertise, great client-facing and communication skills.
- You’re able to translate ‘internal R&D oriented information and documents’ into ‘external Customer oriented information and documents’ (understandable by Customers, keeping the necessary information and filtering out the unnecessary in-depth design information). Vice-versa, you’re able to understand Customer’s questions and translating them towards the R&D design and validation teams.
Experience in working within L2/L3 support team is a plus and you should be willing to travel (mostly Asia, USA and Europe) 25% of your time
We are currently looking for different profiles. According to your background and knowledge, we have different products you can work on (work for one specific product or for several products) (work for specific market and application domains, or several) (work for specific geographical areas and FAE’s, or general) :
For the sensors:
- You are able to guide a customer in integrating our 3D sensors into their camera modules, following the reference design that you helped develop.
- You have experience in PCB design.
- Experience in thermal and mechanical design, optics and laser diodes is a plus.
For the camera modules and low-level software libraries:
- You have a good understanding of camera optics and sensors (ideally 3D)
- You have a good understanding of video/audio USB/MIPI devices on windows and Linux, and connecting on embedded platforms
- You have experience with failure analysis on hardware/software
For the middleware :
- You have technical background in IT and software development.
- You have good skills in C, C++, C#.
- Experience with openGL, Unity or Android application development is a plus
- Experience in game development is a plus
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Experience with Embedded Platforms is a plus