ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION (EDA) ENGINEER
As an EDA engineer you will be responsible to define, lead and drive the CAD IT infrastructure improvements (Hardware and Software), procure and manage CAD licenses, manage CAD tool versions, manage accounts, usergroups and access rights, etc. The scope of your work will be cross-functional with the engineers in the IC development team and with CAD engineers in Sony US and Sony Japan, as well as in direct co-operation with external parties such as suppliers. You will also contribute to continuously improve the necessary Methods & Tools to support the IC development cycle, from design up to maintenance and customer support. You will also coach colleagues in the practical usage of these processes. You will report to the IC team lead.
You will also define the resource needs, development plans, and budgets required. You will do that in a clear manner and with the necessary metrics. Being agile and creative to lead the projects to the end, with the mandatory quality, cost control and time-to-market constraints are essential.
- You will manage the CAD infrastucture
- You will manage the CAD SW (procurement, licenses, tools, versions, etc)
- You will actively seek to improve the CAD methods and tools and develop scripts or other tools to improve the quality and efficiency of the design activities.
- During the execution, you will regularly report status. You are responsible to reach together with the design teams and technical experts, the performance, quality, cost targets set at the beginning of the project.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual with the following skills:
- You have a strong command of English
- You have a Master’s degree or similar by experience
- You have at least 2 to 3 years experience in a similar position
- You have experience with IC design CAD tools (from Cadence, Synopsys and Mentor and in-house tooling), Managing projects, technical teams and customer expectations
- You have a broad technical knowledge (hardware, linux, software, license servers, account management, electronics, micro-electronics) and you are able to work inter-disciplinary with domain experts and engineers
- You have experience and affinity working with external and internal technical teams, with necessary tact and social skills
- You have an analytical mind, a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail. You are able to work in team and take initiative to lead a project team, also in difficult and stressful conditions
- You are goal-oriented, pragmatic and innovative problem-solver
- You are able to make clear reporting, internally but also in interaction with external customers